If you’re living in a small apartment or have a compact bedroom, you know how challenging it can be to find furniture that fits your space without compromising on style and functionality. A bedside table is an essential piece of furniture that can make your bedroom more comfortable and organized, but it can also take up valuable floor space.
That’s why we’ve come up with a DIY wall mounted bedside table tutorial that will help you create a stylish and functional addition to your room without taking up any floor space. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Wooden board (we recommend a 12×12 inch board)
- Wall brackets (2)
- Screws and anchors
- Paint or stain (optional)
Once you have all the materials, follow these steps:
- Sand the wooden board to smooth out any rough edges or surfaces.
- Paint or stain the board if desired and let it dry completely.
- Attach the wall brackets to the board using screws and a drill. Make sure they are securely fastened.
- Locate the spot on your wall where you want to mount the bedside table. Use a level to ensure it’s straight.
- Mark the spot where you want to drill the holes for the anchors.
- Drill the holes and insert the anchors.
- Attach the wall brackets to the wall using screws and a screwdriver.
- Place the wooden board on the brackets and make sure it’s level and secure.
And that’s it! You now have a stylish and functional wall mounted bedside table that doesn’t take up any floor space. You can customize it to match your bedroom decor by painting or staining it in your favorite color or adding decorative elements like knobs or hooks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size board should I use for the bedside table?
We recommend using a 12×12 inch board, but you can adjust the size to fit your needs.
How much weight can the wall mounted bedside table hold?
The weight capacity depends on the strength of your wall and the type of anchors you use. We recommend using heavy-duty anchors and screws to ensure the table is securely fastened to the wall.
Can I use this tutorial to make other types of wall mounted furniture?
Absolutely! This tutorial can be adapted to make shelves, desks, or any other type of wall mounted furniture.
At HomeFurnishingsByDesign, we’re committed to helping you create a beautiful and functional home that reflects your style and personality. If you need help with your home decor or furniture selection, don’t hesitate to contact our seasoned design consultants for a free consultation. And don’t forget to check out our favorite bed side tables for more inspiration!