When it comes to decorating your bedroom, the wall above your bedside table is often overlooked. However, this space presents a great opportunity to add some personality and style to your room. Here are some tips and tricks from HomeFurnishingsByDesign on how to hang pictures above your bedside table:
- Consider the size of your bedside table: If you have a small bedside table, you don’t want to overwhelm it with a large piece of art. Similarly, if you have a large bedside table, a small piece of art may look out of place. Make sure the size of your art complements the size of your table.
- Think about the height: The general rule of thumb is to hang your art at eye level, but this can vary depending on the height of your bedside table and the height of your bed. As a general guide, the bottom of your art should be around 6-8 inches above the top of your table.
- Choose the right style: The style of your art should complement the style of your bedroom. If you have a modern bedroom, consider a piece of abstract art. If you have a more traditional bedroom, a landscape or portrait may be more appropriate.
- Consider a gallery wall: If you have multiple pieces of art that you want to display, consider creating a gallery wall above your bedside table. This can add visual interest and create a focal point in your room.
At HomeFurnishingsByDesign, we offer a wide range of bedside tables and wall art to suit any style and budget. Whether you’re looking for a sleek and modern bedside table or a traditional wooden piece, we’ve got you covered. And if you need help choosing the perfect art for your bedroom, our design consultants are always on hand to offer expert advice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I have a lamp on my bedside table? If you have a lamp on your bedside table, make sure the art you choose doesn’t interfere with the lamp. You don’t want the lampshade to obscure the art.
- Can I mix and match different styles of art? Absolutely! Mixing and matching different styles of art can create a unique and eclectic look in your bedroom.
- What if I have a small bedroom? If you have a small bedroom, consider hanging a mirror above your bedside table. This can create the illusion of more space and reflect light around the room.
At HomeFurnishingsByDesign, we’re passionate about helping our customers create the perfect bedroom. Whether you’re looking for a new bedside table, some wall art, or just some expert advice, we’re here to help. Contact us today to schedule a free design consultation.
Ready to start shopping? Visit our service page to learn more about our design services and schedule a consultation.